Saturday, January 23, 2010

Hopefully not goodbye- just so long for now

Hours later, and I'm still so impressed with Conan O'Brian's final show as host of The Tonight Show! It was hilarious, heartfelt, and with his farewell speech- just so freakin classy! I've already read one article online that wondered how much he was paid for his thanks to NBC, but I think that person has it all wrong. I truly believe his words tonight were truthful and from the heart. Sure he's taken plenty of shots at the network over the past week or so- and rightly so. But his job is that of an entertainer, and the situation simply provided him with and endless amount of entertainment possibilities. Yes- it's very sad that things ended the way they did, but what's done is done and I look forward to what the future holds in store. As for late night TV (regarding the old/new rivalry), I've always been partial to Letterman- and this simply solidifies it. It's nothing against Jay Leno- I'm not so sure he's really the bad guy he's been made out to be in all this. It's more against the network on a whole and how they handled the whole thing. And as far as the Late Late show- I was always a Conan fan, but also really enjoy Craig Ferguson's show. Well ever since Conan took the Late Show, that has cleared up that quandary. So as I said- for me if I flip on the late shows, it's Letterman/Ferguson from here on out. At least until Conan's return to TV that is...

No comments:

Post a Comment