Monday, October 4, 2010

rant

**begin rant**


So I just watched Eminem's new video... No Love (ft. Lil Wayne), and while perusing the comments (a dangerous pass-time on YouTube, I know) I saw one that I've heard many times before - and it goes something like this...

Eminem's new music is shit... blah blah blah. His lyrics were so much better on (insert one of the first couple CDs here)... blah blah blah. Bring back Slim Shady!

The man is turning 38 soon and you want him to sound/rap/write the way he did 11 years ago when the Slim Shady LP came out!?!? For the love of god- artists grow and change over time, but you want them to stay in the same timeless box!? But heaven forbid they actually do that! Cuz then you'll bitch and complain about them putting out the same sounding album time after time. Ugh!! This new CD is probably my favorite by him. I think it's the truest album he's put out! I never got into the shock-value songs of the past... give me the Eminem that's working through his bus full of demons! If you want to hear Slim Shady- go listen to the old stuff!! But don't expect a man who has put 11 years and countless troubles over those times under his belt to sound the way he did when he was 27!! Arg!!!

**end rant**

No comments:

Post a Comment