Wednesday, May 19, 2010

LET'S GO FLYERS!!!

So last year, I attended my first Flyers game. I had been a mild Flyers fan before I guess you could say... watching some games on TV every once in awhile and all that. But after going to that first game- I was hooked!! There is such an energy on the ice and in the crowd that you don't get the feel of watching a game on TV! And I had been to some Reading Royals and Hershey Bears games before- but that energy is on a whole different level for an NHL game. So needless to say- since that game I've become a much more avid fan.

Well this love affair with hockey and the Flyers reached another level last night! After their dramatic (and historic) comeback from three games down to defeat the Boston Bruins in the last series- they are squaring off against the Montreal Canadiens in the Eastern Conference Finals. While sitting around the fire this past weekend- my friend Frank mentioned that they were looking at getting tickets for Game 2 and wanted to know if I was interested. I knew I was going to be looking at a pretty hefty ticket price, but I also knew I had just received lots of graduation money- so I said, sign me up!

And thus- last night I found myself swimming in a sea of orange and black! That energy I had talked about earlier... the energy that's on a whole other level for an NHL game... well there is an even higher gear yet- and that's NHL Playoff hockey!!! The way the entire place exploded after every goal!! The noise level after the Flyers would kill off a penalty or after goalie Michael Leighton would make a great save! I have never chanted and yelled so much during a game before! And not even just during the game- the "Let's Go Flyers!" and "Ole Ole Ole" chants continued even as we were making our way out of the arena! To be completely honest- I'm still getting goosebumps thinking about it! It was an absolute blast and if the guys keep playing the way they are and move on to the Stanley Cup finals, and if we can get tickets for a "decent" price- I may very well be going back to see if the Wachovia Center can rock even louder yet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment