Thursday, April 8, 2010

a different tune

OK- a little bit different music than what you're used to me pushing on here... but you can blame this on CSI. The way this works is in tonight's episode of CSI, they used a song for the one scene that I knew I heard before. The song is Vide Cor Meum and I had first came across it in the movie Hannibal.



Listening to this song reminded me of some stuff from a release by Jonathan Elias entitled 'The Prayer Cycle'. I first came across this CD back in college, while in Pittsburgh on a trip with my friend Dee. We had stopped by this awesome shopping section of town (cobblestone streets and tons of nifty little stores) and while poking around some "new age" store, I found a CD section (of course I'd be drawn to that right? lol). I randomly gave this disc a listen and loved it- but didn't pick it up. Regretting that decision, I ordered the CD online a year or two ago- and it's one of my favorite relaxation/fall asleep CDs. The following two songs are from that CD, and actually both showcase vocals done by Alanis Morissette (there's a blast from the past!). I was never really into her, so when I saw she did some vocals on this disc- I was really skeptical. That skepticism was laid to rest on the very first listening however...

The Prayer Cycle: Movement III - Hope (sorry, whoever posted this video disabled embedding- so I had to just link to it)

and finally...


So yea, like I said- some different music than what you may be used to hearing from me... but I always like keeping people on their toes when it comes to my music tastes! Hehe- let me know what ya think


Edit: It occurred to me while in the shower that I totally left out one of my favorite vocal type songs! So I'm amending that omission...

No comments:

Post a Comment